WRJ Social Justice Conference (SJC) Grants are aimed to engage WRJ members who have an interest or background in social justice. These grants will allow sisterhood members or individual members to attend WRJ Social Justice Conference in Washington D.C. on May 18-19, 2019.
WRJ members who are selected to receive a WRJ SJC grant will receive the $299 early bird registration fee for the conference, which covers programming, materials, and meals. Grantees must pay their registration fee initially and will be reimbursed after completing an online post-conference survey. Grantees also commit to attending all sessions during the conference.
- Identify with Reform Jewish values
- Open to women age 18+
- Have an interest or background in social justice
- Must be a WRJ sisterhood member or individual member; SJC Grants are not open to WRJ board members
- Only one grant recipient per sisterhood
- Priority will be given to applicants who have not attended a recent North American WRJ event
Click here to apply.
- Thursday, Nov. 1, 2018: WRJ SJC Grant applications open
- Friday, Jan. 1, 2019: WRJ SJC Grant applications are due
- Monday, Jan. 28, 2019: Notification of awarded grants will be sent via e-mail by this date.
- Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019: Grant recipient must confirm their attendance by this date
- Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2019: WRJ SJC 2019 Early Bird Registration ends; grant recipient must complete her registration by this date.
- After Monday, May 27, 2019: After the grant recipient completes a brief online survey, she will receive her reimbursement by check.
For more information about the 2019 WRJ SJC Grants, please contact WRJ Program Associate, Micaela Sheinhait at MSheinhait@wrj.org or 212-650-4060