The professional associations within the Reform Movement are all available for consultations with your hiring committee or managers to compare salaries for similar positions within the field.
The cost of living in different geographic areas should also be considered. While your personal views on the local cost of living are important, online calculators can also be helpful. Websites such as bestplaces.net and payscale.com can provide standard salary levels for similar professional positions in different communities.
Setting in advance the exact salary or a narrow salary range is the best practice to avoid being influenced by bias and to create transparency in the hiring process.
Read the most current Executive Summaries on salary data from the following URJ affiliates:
- American Conference of Cantors (2022-23)
- Association of Reform Jewish Educators (2022)
- Central Conference of American Rabbis (2022-2023)
- Early Childhood Educators of Reform Judaism Data Forthcoming
- National Association for Temple Administration (2023)
Read prior Executive Summaries on Compensation Studies from The Central Conference of American Rabbis:
SECULAR SALARY DATA
- What Is the Gender Wage Gap in Your State? (census.gov)
- 2023 Gender Pay Gap Report (payscale.com)
- Women in the Workforce The Gender Pay Gap Is Greater for Certain Racial and Ethnic Groups and Varies by Education Level (GAO.gov)
- What's the Wage Gap in the States (nationalpartnership.org)
- The Simple Truth About the Gender Pay Gap 2022 Update (aauw.org)